Scope and incorporation
These additional terms and conditions relate to any transaction where You buy a hotel and theatre ticket package from Us (the “Package”).
Our general terms and conditions of sale shall also apply to (and shall be incorporated into) that part of the Package which relates to Your purchase of Tickets to any Event Terms and Conditions | London Theatre Direct
Defined terms in our general terms and conditions of sale bear the same meaning when used in these additional terms and conditions.
While we make the Package available to you directly, these terms and conditions also incorporate any hotel and/or accommodation suppliers' terms or conditions/rules and restrictions to the extent permitted by law.
The selected hotel, periods of stay, and number of nights’ accommodation is included in the Package.
The total price of the Package is inclusive of sales and occupancy taxes. Any extras or additional services purchased by You during your stay shall be wholly at Your cost unless it expressly forms part of the Package.
The arrangements for payment, including any amount, is to be made in full at the time of the booking based on the fixed price quoted at the time of booking. We (and any applicable third party suppliers) reserve the right to cancel the Package if full payment for any amounts including any applicable change fee relating to a Package reservation is not received in a timely fashion, or if such a payment is dishonoured.
Travel to destination
We are not responsible for Your travel or transportation to or from your destination as part of the Package. This is expressly excluded from the Package. You are also responsible for ensuring that You are able to comply with any passport and visa requirements applicable to your travel to and from your destination.
Transfer and cancellation before the Package starts
Your Package is sold on the basis of Our providing a hotel and theatre ticket package for an Event, the date of which You selected at the point of booking.
If We (at our reasonable discretion and following your request to do so) are able to cancel in full or part the Package, or exchange the Package, a 20% fee will apply, plus any price difference between the original booking and any new booking. To the extent that We are not reasonably able to do so, the Package will be non-refundable. This is without prejudice to Your right to claim on any applicable insurance or cancellation policy maintained by You.
If We (at our reasonable discretion and following your request to do so by giving reasonable prior notice to Us) are able to transfer the Package to another person, We reserve the right to charge You a reasonable transfer fee for doing so. We do not guarantee that any transfer request can be accommodated.
If any hotel or accommodation provider is unable to fulfil that part of your Package, We will use reasonable endeavours to relocate You to alternative accommodation of equivalent amenity and notify you promptly of any such change. In the event that We are unable to do so, We will be entitled to cancel the Package on payment to You of a refund.
We also reserve the right to make changes to the Package if the changes are not significant or are reasonably beyond Our control (for example, a time change of the performance start for an Event).
Changes after the Package starts
If, after the start of the Package, significant elements of the Package cannot be provided as agreed, We will seek to provide suitable alternative arrangements for You at no extra cost. If this is not possible, We will cancel the Package and issue a refund to You.
Emergency number/contact point
The contact information for all enquiries in relation to the Package and for emergencies is as follows:
In providing the relevant Package (as set out in these terms and conditions), then to the extent permitted by law and subject to the exceptions and limitations set out in these terms and conditions and/or the relevant rules and restrictions applicable to the Package you have booked, then We shall only be liable to you for direct damages that were:
- reasonably foreseeable by both You and Us;
- actually suffered or incurred by You; and
- directly attributable to Our actions in providing the Package,
and in the event of any liability of Us, such liability will in no event exceed, in the aggregate, the cost paid by you to Us for the Package in question.
We are not liable for any errors due to technical defects in the booking system which are not attributable to Us, nor for booking errors which are attributable to the traveller or are caused by unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances.
The exclusions and limitations contained in these terms and conditions apply only to the extent permitted by law. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall, be deemed to limit or exclude Our liability for fraud, personal injury or death caused by Our negligence.
Your key rights under the Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018
Part 1 - General
The combination of travel services offered to you is a package within the meaning of the Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations.
Therefore, you will benefit from all EU rights applying to packages. We will be fully responsible for the proper performance of the package as a whole.
Additionally, as required by law, We have protection in place to refund your payments and, where transport is included in the package, to ensure your repatriation in the event that We become insolvent.
Part 2 – Key rights under the Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018
- Travellers will receive all essential information about the package before concluding the package travel contract.
- There is always at least one trader who is liable for the proper performance of all the travel services included in the contract.
- Travellers are given an emergency number or details of a contact point where they can get in touch with the organiser or travel agent.
- Travellers may transfer the package to another person, on reasonable notice and possibly subject to additional costs.
- The price of the package may only be increased if specific costs rise (for instance fuel prices), and if expressly provided for in the contract, and in any event not later than 20 days before the start of the package. If the price increase exceeds 8% of the price of the package, the traveller may terminate the contract. If the organiser reserves the right to a price increase, the traveller has a right to a price reduction if there is a decrease in the relevant costs.
- Travellers may terminate the contract without paying any termination fee and get a full refund of any payments if any of the essential elements of the package, other than the price, are changed significantly. If before the start of the package the trader responsible for the package cancels the package, travellers are entitled to a refund and compensation where appropriate.
- Travellers may terminate the contract without paying any termination fee before the start of the package in the event of exceptional circumstances, for instance if there are serious security problems at the destination which are likely to affect the package
- Additionally, travellers may at any time before the start of the package terminate the contract in return for an appropriate and justifiable termination fee.
- If, after the start of the package, significant elements of the package cannot be provided as agreed, suitable alternative arrangements will have to be offered to the traveller at no extra cost. Travellers may terminate the contract without paying any termination fee, where services are not performed in accordance with the contract and this substantially affects the performance of the package and the organiser fails to remedy the problem.
- Travellers are also entitled to a price reduction or compensation for damages or both where the travel services are not performed or are improperly performed.
- The organiser has to provide assistance if the traveller is in difficulty.
- If the organiser or the retailer becomes insolvent, payments will be refunded. If the organiser or, where applicable, the retailer becomes insolvent after the start of the package and if transport is included in the package, repatriation of the travellers is secured. We have taken out insolvency protection with https://www.zedra.com,
Travellers may contact this entity if services are denied because of London Theatre Direct’s insolvency.
Part 3 - The Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018
Click below for The Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018