5) LET IT BE currently playing at the Garrick Theatre and is also firm favourite with me. This show is an absolute must for any Beatles fan with over 40's Beatles tracks to enjoy in this concert feel show.
4) BEAUTIFUL: THE CAROLE KING MUSICAL recently opened at the Aldwych Theatre and wowing audiences having been nominated for 8 Olivier Awards. This show is a charismatic beautifully staged delight with an impressive new talent in Katie Brayben. Which also happens to be the headline from my recent review for London Theatre Direct: Katie Brayben Is A Phenomenal New Talent In Beautiful
3) BILLY ELLIOT. A show which has been a favourite of ours for a number of years and one where we have shared many happy visits together.
2) Possibly an unexpected entry is LES MISERABLES. However this show, is this year celebrating 30 years which, given it's opening reviews from the Barbican, is testament as to why you should always experience a show for yourself. This show has everything from comedy, to heartbreak, drama to heavenly singing and music. I wouldn't be surprised if we were still celebrating it in a further 30 years!
1) JERSEY BOYS! Which is a relief for me as that is indeed her Mother's Day present! The story of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons is undeniably her favourite of all musicals. I introduced it to her many years ago and we've witnessed several cast changes. For us it's "our show" when we need a pick me up we're off out for girly day in London to see "our boys"!
Mother's Day is all about celebrating our mums and all they do for us! So whatever you do on Mother's Day enjoy it. Remember that for some it is a tough day, it's the memories we've shared and made together that makes them special to us.