1. Keep calm, there are always returns! When your favourite shows are sold out, don’t worry, you can often turn up at the box office and grab a returned ticket on the day of the performance- sometimes at a discounted rate. Check the theatre for times as these vary.
2. Early bird. Many productions have ‘preview’ performances. These tickets are often cheaper and you’ll get to see the production before press!
3. Last minute theatre tickets. Some theatres offer reduced priced tickets on the day of the performance if you’re able to turn up at the box office. Michael Grandage productions are great for doing this offering cheap stalls tickets on the day. If you can't make it to the box office, check London Theatre Direct's Last Minute tickets section where you can book tickets to shows up to the very day of the performance!
4. Spot a promo. London's West End theatre shows are constantly putting out deals and discount tickets to get bums on seats. Even for the most popular shows, you're sure to see a great deal at some point if you stay sharp! Check out London Theatre Direct's Discount tickets section for discount theatre tickets and hot deals.
5. Don’t be fussy. Everyone knows the cheaper seats are at the back. However there’s no need to worry for plays in smaller theatres. You get great views wherever you are. The Young Vic pride themselves on being able to see from every seat- not a single pillar or camera rigging in sight.
6. Support local. Check out your local theatres, there are some great local companies out there producing some outstanding theatre and prices are a snippet of what you can pay in the West End.
7. Become a friend. Everyone needs a friend, check out theatre websites for subscriptions and ‘Becoming a Friend’ they’ll often send out discounts to their upcoming shows. You’ll also get priority booking for most performances.
8. Aged 16 – 25? Those lucky enough to fall into this age bracket can enjoy discounted tickets at most theatres. Check their websites for details.
9. Invest in comfy shoes. Ok, so you may need to spend a little to begin with but investing in some great comfy shoes means you can take the standing tickets. These can be as little as £5. Just check the performance running times, a 3 hour performance may not be ideal.
10. London Theatre Direct. Need I say more? Visit their site www.londontheatredirect.com for some of the best deals for the greatest shows.
By Rebecca Usher
Click Here For Last Minute Theatre Tickets!
Click Here For Discount Theatre Tickets!