BLOG : The Best Aladdin Quotes!
Wednesday 16 December 2015
With Aladdin the Musical soon to by flying over from Broadway to the West End, I thought I could compile a list of some of the of the best quotes from Aladdin in order to remind you why this is such a brilliant story that you should be excited about seeing on the West End stage!
1. “Genie, I wish for your freedom.” – This quote by Aladdin to the Genie stands out to me as it sounds so powerful, because for years is trapped in a possession that not many people would care about, until one person was kind and caring enough to ask him what his wish would be.
2. “Like so many things, it is not what is on the outside that counts, but what is on the inside that counts” – This is a great quote from Aladdin about love, that stresses the point that you should get to know a person before you judge! I think people find it too easy to forget this message.
3. “Oi! Ten thousand years will give you such a crick in the neck.” – This Aladdin genie quote is one that never fails to make me laugh. I think the way Robin Williams delivers this line in the film, really help makes it that little bit more comical. I’m excited to see how it delivers on stage!
4. “OK, fine. But remember, “bee” yourself.” – Another great Genie quote that we all need to remember! If this isn’t a daily motto to live by, I don’t know what is!
5. “This is love! Al, you're not gonna find another girl like her in a million years. Believe me, I know. I've looked.” – More reassuring Genie quotes about love, this one is special as he is someone speaking from the outside looking in, and he can see that Aladdin and Jasmine clearly deserve each other.
6. “Tell me princess, now when did you last let your heart decide?” – This Aladdin quote about love to Jasmine is another standout, coming from the iconic song “A Whole New World” and encourages us all to follow our hearts!
7. “Jafar, Jafar, he's our man. If he can't do it, GREAT!” – Another clever and comical Genie quote about Jafar, that is yet again delivered so well by the original Genie, Robin Williams.
8. "Do you trust me?” – This is another Aladdin quote about love, which he repeatedly says to Jasmine. I love this line because I think it shows how Jasmine isn’t all that used to having people to trust other than those who work in the palace, and the way it is delivered shows Aladdin’s admiration for her.
There are just a few great lines to get you hyped up! What are your favourite quotes from Aladdin? What have I missed? Tweet us @mynamemolly_ @Theatre_Direct
Family Friendly, Christmas, Children, Classics, American Classic, Our Picks
Please note: Opinions expressed on the londontheatredirect.com blog are those of the relevant contributors, not of London Theatre Direct Ltd, its owners or staff. London Theatre Direct Ltd is not responsible for the accuracy of any of the information supplied by contributors.