Christmas Countdown Q&A with Caoliang Wang of Cirque Du Soleil: Totem
Posted on 20 December 2018
For today's Christmas Countdown Q&A, Caoliang Wang, who stars as one of the frogs in the Bars act for Cirque du Soleil: Totem shares his Christmas experiences and holiday plans. Totem is set to make its highly anticipated UK premiere on 12 January 2019 at the Royal Albert Hall.
Read our rapid-fire Q&A with Caoliang Wang below!
1. What are you doing for Christmas this year?
I will go the Christmas mass with my wife and maybe have some Asian food for dinner, since they may be the only places open on Christmas Day.
2. What’s your favourite Christmas song?
'I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus' by the Jackson 5.
3. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer (without the help of Google)?
No, I can’t.
4. Will you be seeing any theatre this Christmas?
No, but I am going to the circus show, Le Cirque d’hiver Bouglione, on Christmas Eve.
5. What’s the funniest gift you have ever received?
I can’t remember.
6. What’s your go-to Christmas film?
I watched Home Alone a lot when I was younger.
7. What are your Christmas traditions?
We don’t really celebrate Christmas where I come from. But since I started on tour with Totem, I've normally spent it with some of my good friends. This year I will spend it with my lovely wife since she is on tour with me.
8. What do you hope to find in your stocking this year?
Anything in my stocking I would be happy to have it. I like surprises.
9. Which person would you most like to meet under the mistletoe?
10. Which Christmas food do you most look forward to?
A nice steak.
11. What’s your favourite Christmas memory?
I had a very hot Christmas in Sydney. I spent the whole time on the beach, sunbathing, and laughing with friends.
Cirque du Soleil: Totem is in London's West End for the first time ever and tickets are selling fast! Don't be on the bottom of the totem and be sure to book your Cirque du Soleil London tickets now while you still can!