Richard III Tickets
Richard III London Tickets
Set in a world where self-serving ambition is paraded and pursued, and murder is committed and confessed with impunity, no one is safe from the Duke of Gloucester’s deadly quest for the throne. Following last year’s critically acclaimed production of A Midsummers Night’s Dream at The Globe Theatre, Director Elle White returns, accompanied by Artistic Director Michelle Terry in the title role. Book your tickets for Richard III at the Globe Theatre today!
What is Richard III about?
In the aftermath of civil war, a sinister figure emerges. Determined to claw his way to political power at any cost, he is cunning and cruel with wit, just like his dagger, sharpened to a razor’s edge. His deformities are a testament to his brutal determination and deadly desire, as he employs ruthless tactics to eliminate anyone who stands in his way of the throne.
With each victory, he grows more paranoid and power-hungry, but as he rises higher up the political ranks, the consequences of his wicked deeds come back to haunt him. Despite the deadly shadows that loom over his kingdom, he remains steadfast in his quest for absolute power. But as the forces of justice draw near, he will soon realize that his dark designs may bring about his own downfall.
He is a man. He is a myth. He is a monster. He is Richard III.
Facts and Critical Acclaim
- This isn’t the first time Olivier award winner, Michelle Terry has played a Shakespearean King. In 2016 she played the title role in Henry V.
- Director Elle White has picked up prestigious awards at the Edinburgh and Adelaide Festivals, and has directed award-winning shows at the National Theatre, West End and Old Vic.
- His ascent to the throne has been adapted countless times, but Richard III reign only lasted two years.
- He is wrongly thought of as being short. At 5”8 he was taller than the average man at that time.
Please bear in mind
This play contains scenes of violence and death.
Richard III London Cast
- Richard Duke of Gloucester – Michelle Terry
Further cast to be announced.
Richard III London Creatives
- Director – Elle White
- Associate Director – Indiana Lown-Collins
- Composer – James Maloney
- Designer – Mallin Parry
Running timeTo be confirmed.
Performance dates9 May 2024 - 3 August 2024
ContentThis play contains scenes of violence and death.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a roofless (open air) theatre. Performances go ahead in all conditions so dress for the weather!