The Handmaid's Tale Tickets
Tickets for The Handmaid's Tale at the London Coliseum!
You will not want to miss this, or any of the other incredible shows in the ENO 2021 Season!
Memory is strength. Love is resistance. You won't want to miss The Handmaid's Tale at The London Coliseum.
Based on Margaret Atwood’s seminal novel, Poul Ruders’s The Handmaid’s Tale plunges us into the Republic of Gilead, where women have been entirely stripped of their rights and freedoms.
The opera tells the story of a Handmaid given the name Offred, one of the fertile women forced to reproduce with Commanders of the Republic. This thought-provoking work magnifies the issues of state control and the fragility of freedom, as Offred wrestles with the daily terror of her reality.
With a score influenced by minimalism, medieval chanting and gospel music, the dissonant brutality of Gilead is viscerally depicted in the music itself.
The Handmaid's Tale ENO cast and creatives
This powerful new production is directed by ENO’s Artistic Director Annilese Miskimmon and conducted by contemporary music specialist Joana Carneiro. An exceptional cast includes mezzo-sopranos Kate Lindsey as Offred, with Susan Bickley as her mother, soprano Emma Bell as Aunt Lydia, and Harewood Artist John Findon as Luke.
Book your The Handmaid's Tale tickets now!
You will not want to miss your chance to see this incredible opera in its limited run this autumn. Make sure you book tickets to The Handmaid's Tale early to avoid disappointment!
Age restrictionThis production is recommended for ages 15+.
Running time3 hr 15 mins
Performance dates4 - 14 April 2022
ContentThis production contains scenes of sexual violence and strong language.
Sung in English. Our surtitles system displays sung words above the stage.
Entry requirements All customers will need to meet one of the conditions below depending on their age;
- Anyone aged 18 or over will be required to show either a valid NHS COVID Pass (or international equivalent) as proof of double vaccination or evidence of a negative lateral flow test within the last 24 hours to enter
- Children aged 11-17 are strongly encouraged to take a Lateral Flow Test within 24 hours of attendance, and you may need to show the result of this test.
- Children under 11 do not require any additional checks at this time.
Please arrive as early as possible and no later than 15 minutes before the performance starts. Main doors and all bars will open 90 minutes before the performance. Auditorium doors open 60 minutes before.
To avoid delays, please have your tickets ready on arrival; download or print your NHS COVID Pass in advance and arrive in good time to allow these extra checks to take place.
Face Coverings All customers must wear face-coverings at all times during their visit unless;
- They are under the age of 11,
- When they are eating or drinking
- If medically exempt. (If you are exempt, please let staff know on entry, and if you have one, please wear an exemption badge. We encourage all customers to be mindful and respectful of others as some people are less able to wear face coverings, and the reasons for this may not be visible to others.)
There is a zero-tolerance policy approach to abuse of any kind towards staff. We ask that all audience members respect our team as they carry out these extra checks