Christmas Countdown Q&A with Dean Chisnall of Les Misérables
Posted on 19 December 2018
At the end of the day you're another day closer to Christmas, and to celebrate this jolly season we are bringing you a special holiday Q&A with Dean Chisnall, who currently plays Jean Valjean in Les Miserables at the Queen's Theatre. The actor's previous stage credits include Sam in Mamma Mia!, Shrek in Shrek The Musical at the Theatre Royal Drury Lane, Never Forget at the Savoy Theatre, and Evita at the Adelphi Theatre.
Read what the incredibly talented Dean Chisnall has to say about Christmas below and don't forget to follow him on Twitter!
Former West End Shrek star Dean Chisnall currently portrays Jean Valjean in Les Mis
1. What are you doing for Christmas this year?
Driving up North to spend it with my family, (then back for the Boxing Day show).
2. What’s your favourite Christmas song?
‘When A Child is Born’ – Johnny Mathis (What a Voice).
3. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer (without the help of Google)?
Can I eck!
4. Will you be seeing any theatre this Christmas?
‘I’ll try and catch some pals in Panto’.
5. What’s the funniest gift you have ever received?
A zimmer frame - Don’t ask!
6. What’s your go-to Christmas film?
Santa Clause the Movie.
7. Have you ever 'regifted' something before?
Yes-But don’t tell anyone!
8. What are your Christmas traditions?
‘Spending it with my parents and enjoying a long walk on Christmas Day.’
9. What do you hope to find in your stocking this year?
A new cricket bat…It’ll need to be a long stocking.
10. Which person would you most like to meet under the mistletoe?
That would be telling!
11. Which Christmas food do you most look forward to?
Pigs in blankets.
12. What’s your favourite Christmas memory?
My brother and I got a snooker table one year. It was the best gift ever. We then argued every time we played.
Les Miserables is booking at the Queen's Theatre until 29 June 2019. With renovations scheduled to take place on the venue next year, it is currently up in the air where the show's new home will be. Avoid the uncertainty and book your tickets to the Queen's Theatre production of Les Mis now while you still can! And don't forget to cheer for Dean Chisnall!