10 theatrical New Year challenges
| By Harriet Wilson
Look, it's tomorrow! So here are 10 theatrical New Year challenges for you. Remember to tweet your pictures and tag me, @Harri_L_002, as you complete them!
1. Buy the soundtrack to a musical you haven't heard or seen before.
2. Try to fit as many theatrical quotes into a conversation as possible. Tweet them with the hashtag #SlyQuoter and see how many you can get in total.
3. Indulge in some theatre merchandise.
4. Have a stagey film evening with some fellow Thespians.
5. Sing in the rain (I'm sure we won't have to wait too long for an opportunity).
6. Take the most theatrical selfie possible. And, of course, see some shows!
7. Something old – book tickets to see a show that's been running in the West End for five years or more. Les Misérables,The Phantom of the Opera, The Lion King and Wicked are my top recommendations.
8. Something new – book tickets to see a show that's opened within the last couple of years. Better still, book to see a show like Hamilton which is opening later this year.
9. Something local – local theatre is a gift; make the most of it!
10. And something true – there are lots of shows out there, both within and without the West End, based on true stories, and some of them are real gems.